1. Stay hydrated! All quick service locations will provide you with a cup for free, so fill up with ice water at the fountain machines. Drink even when you are not thirsty! Try to avoid caffeinated or alcoholic beverages. These will cause you to loose more body fluids.
2. Bring a water misting fan or cooling towel! Purchase a misting fan prior to hitting the parks. Fill them up with ice from your resort and enjoy the cold mist throughout the day as the ice melts. Cooling towels are also an amazing invention! Just wet the towel and they immediately get cold. We love The Frogg Togg Chilly Pad that stays cool for several hours!
3. Avoid the parks during the hottest part of the day! Hit the parks at opening and enjoy them at the coolest time of the day with the lowest crowds. Head back to your resort after lunch to relax, go swimming and even take a nap. Head back into the parks later for dinner and more entertainment.
4. Cool off in the fountains! If you are headed to Epcot or The Marketplace in Disney Springs, be sure to bring an extra change of clothes. The kids will absolutely love running through the fountains to cool off and have a little fun.
5. Wear sunscreen! Although applying sunscreen will not actually keep you cool, it will prevent you from getting a sun burn which will make you feel extremely hot. You can also stay cool in the sun by wearing a hat or visor, sunglasses and lightweight clothing. If you do get a little too much sun, an all-natural product such as aloe will help repair your skin.