1. Payment in Advance: When you purchase a Disney dining plan, you are paying prior to your vacation. This takes away the stress about the added expenses of meals while you are on vacation. Gone is the worry about staying under budget at each meal.
2. Character Meals: Character meals are a great way to meet and interact with many popular Disney characters. These are also more costly than your average Disney meal but covered in the Disney Dining Plan. (Please note the Quick Service Dining Plan does not include table service meals and therefore does not cover character meals.) Instead of waiting in lines to meet one or two characters, enjoy your meal while a multitude of characters come to you!
3. Rapid Fill Refillable Mugs: Each member of your party (over the age of 3) will receive a refillable mug when you check into your resort. Use your mug at your resort for anything from soda, water, tea, coffee, juice or even hot chocolate! These also make a fantastic souvenir!
4. Flexibility: With the Disney Dining Plan, you are allotted credits based on the number of nights you are staying at your resort. These credits can be used whenever you would like during your vacation. So you can save your credits for a day you are planning to do more dining over another day. You are not locked down to using your credits each and every day. You can customize your dining based on your family’s needs and interests.
5. Value: The average adult saves about 10% when they purchase the Disney Dining Plan. The key is to make it work for you. Plan to use your table service credits for dinner, the most expensive meal of the day. Make dining reservations with characters. Enjoy your snack credits on items like a Dole Whip in Magic Kingdom or a pastry from Les Halles Boulangerie, the French bakery at Epcot.